Rachel Cloutier, M.S., RN, ACNP-BCClinical Instructor
Concentration Coordinator, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3091
I teach in both the graduate and undergraduate programs. I primarily teach in the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner concentration, focusing on Primary and Acute Clinical Procedures and Acute Care didactic coursework. I also teach in the clinical component of the Nursing of Adults II in the undergraduate program, and maintain an active practice as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
My scholarship interests include integration of simulation into the classroom to improve learning outcomes, symptom management and resiliency in the oncologic setting, and best practices for integration of adjunct faculty into procedural skills courses.
I am an active member of the Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners Richmond Region (VCNP) and currently serve in the role of treasurer, Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. I also serve as a volunteer for the University Honor Council.
- B.S. Boston University, Boston MA
- B.S. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- M.S.Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Virginia Nurses Foundation 40 Under 40 Honorable Mention 2015
- VCU School of Nursing Master’s Student Temple Award 2011
Cloutier, R., Horr, S., Niemi, J., D'Andrea, S., Lima, C., Harry, J., et al. (2009). Prolonged mechanical noise restores tactile sense in diabetic neuropathic patients. International Journal of Lower Extremity Wounds, 8(1), 6-10.
- April 2015: Community practitioners as instructors: Strengths and challenges in procedural courses. Presented at Research and Evidence-Based Practice Showcase hosted by the Gamma Omega chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International at VCU School of Nursing
- March 2015: Community practitioners as instructors: Strengths and challenges in procedural courses. (2015). Presented at Odyssey Conference hosted by VCU Health Systems and American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- December 2011: Burn Prevention: Tips to Protect Your Child, VCU School of Nursing, Richmond, VA