Tracye Proffitt, M.S., RN, ACNS-BS, CNE, CCRNClinical Instructor
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3021
I teach in the undergraduate program in the classroom and clinical environment. I primarily teach in the Nursing of Adults I and II courses. I also serve as a faculty preceptor for the university’s Virtual Interprofessional Case Series.
As a faculty member, I am interested in studying innovative learning strategies to improve learning outcomes. My current focus is on collaborative testing as a classroom learning strategy.
As a Ph.D. student, my area of interest is cognitive, psychological, and quality of life outcomes of critical illness survivors who experience delirium during hospitalization.
I am a member of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, the Greater Richmond Area Chapter of Critical Care Nurses, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, and the Southern Nursing Research Society. I currently serve as the Governance Chair of the Gamma Omega Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Additionally, I am an active member of the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee and the Clinical Education Council at the School of Nursing.
- AAS - Nursing, Rappahannock Community College, Warsaw, VA
- BS – Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- MS – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Adult Health Acute Care
- Virginia Nurses Association 40 under 40 Honorable Mention recipient, 2015
- Greater Washington Area Chapter AACN Scholar Scholarship recipient 2005
- Proffitt, T.B, Salyer, J., Scafide, K.N., Menzies, V. (2016). Anticipatory advocacy: A conceptual model, poster discussion. Southern Nursing Research Society, Williamsburg, VA.
- Proffitt, T.B., Terrell, D., & Johnson, S.C. (2016). Enhancing medication safety in the older adult: Guiding nursing students to apply evidence, poster presentation. National Gerontological Nursing Association, Indianapolis, IN.