Kimberly Davis, M.S., RN, CNEClinical Assistant Professor
Department of Family and Community Health Nursing
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3065
PO Box 980567
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach within a variety of clinical settings in the undergraduate nursing program. I teach clinical sections for Technologies of Nursing Practice and Community Health Nursing and co-lead simulation experiences to enhance these courses. I serve as clinical coordinator for the Community Health Nursing course. I also serve as core faculty for the Center for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Care.
My scholarship interests include curricular development of care coordination and interprofessional education strategies. I serve as a plenary member and core faculty in the Virginia Geriatric Education Center’s Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program, and my focus is on the development and implementation of gerontology-focused curriculum to translate into interprofessional practice. I also serve as clinical coordinator for the Primary Care Options to Maximize Opportunities to Transform Education in Nursing’s Health Resources and Services Administration grant.
I am a member of Sigma Theta Tau International, Gamma Omega chapter, and serve on the board as the Membership Involvement Chair. I am a member of the National League for Nursing, American Nurses Association, and Association of Community Health Nursing Educators. I serve on the School of Nursing’s Undergraduate Curriculum Committee and Clinical Education Council. I provide mentorship for faculty enrolled in the Virginia Geriatric Education Center’s Faculty Development Program.
- BSN - Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH
- MS - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Dow, A.W., Davis, K.D., & Richardson, J.T. (July, 2016). Filling the gaps of Virginia’s health workforce: IPE professional development seminar. Webinar presentation at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.
- Anderson, L.B., Davis, K.D., Falk, M., Huff, T.A., Nye, C., Wechsler, S. (April, 2016). VCU simulation. Invited simulation presentation at the Northeast Region Chi Eta Phi Nursing Sorority Conference, Short Pump, VA.
- Albee, E., Davis, K.D., Finucane, S. Hand, R., & Peron, E.P., & Ramsey, A. (April, 2016). An interprofessional look at complex geriatrics patients. Invited panel presentation at the VCU School of Allied Health: Physical Therapy. Richmond, VA.
- Davis, K.D., Nye, C., Thacker, L.R., & Walter, J. (February, 2016). Care of the older adult with postoperative delirium: An interprofessional learning strategy for undergraduate nursing students. Poster presentation at the Fourth Annual Emswiller Interprofessional Symposium, Short Pump, VA.
- Davis, K.D. (February, 2016). Registered nurse: Roles and responsibilities within the interprofessional team. Invited physical therapy doctoral student presentation at VCU School of Nursing, Richmond, VA.
- Davis, K.D. (January, 2016). The geriatric standardized patient. Simulation presentation at the Virginia Geriatric Education Center’s Faculty Development Program. Tidewater, VA.
- Dow, A.W., Royster, M., Richardson, J.T., & Davis, K.D. (December, 2015). State Innovation Model report: Healthcare workforce. Webinar presentation hosted by Virginia Center for Health Innovation.
- Davis, K.D., Walter, J. & Thacker, L.R. (November, 2015). Finding value in care of the older adult: An interprofessional educational strategy for undergraduate nursing students. Poster presentation at the Virginia Nurses Association's 2015 Fall Conference, Patient & Family Centered Care: An Interprofessional Approach, Short Pump, VA.
- Davis, K.D., Walter, J. & Thacker, L.R. (August, 2015). Finding value in care of the older adult: An interprofessional educational strategy for undergraduate nursing students. Poster presentation at the Nuts & Bolts for Nurse Educators, Minneapolis, MN. *With special recognition from Dr. Tim Bristol during the main conference session.
- Davis, K.D. (June, 2014). Engaging students in a classroom and clinical environment. Selected presentation at VCU School of Nursing, Richmond, VA.