IMPORTANT DATES: Spring 2017
July 18, 2016
September 15, 2016
extended to November 1, 2016
Admission decision notification:
October 15, 2016
January 17, 2017
We are accepting applications to the post-master's certificate program in the psychiatric mental health NP concentration for spring 2017.
To apply for the post-master’s certificate, complete the application for graduate admission and upload the following items to your online application:
- Unofficial transcripts from each college and university where you obtained your undergraduate and graduate degrees in nursing.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of unrestricted RN license
- Personal statement, which includes written responses to the following questions in a thoughtful and scholarly manner:
- What are your career goals, and how do you see the post-master's certificate contributing to meeting them?
- What particular strengths do you believe you bring to this program that would enrich the learning environment of your peers?
- What past experiences have you had that will help you be successful in this program?
- What are you most proud of, in terms of your professional accomplishments?
- Names and email addresses of three (3) academic and/or professional references. Any personal relationships (i.e., family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc…), even if they can be tied to an academic or professional setting, are not valid and will not be considered. An academic reference is a current or former faculty member or academic advisor. A professional reference is a current/former supervisor of a paid or volunteer position.
Contact the Graduate Admissions Office (GRADMAIL@vcu.edu) if you experience issues with submitting the application, forms or documents required.