January 16, 2017
August 1, 2017
Admission decision notification:
August 24, 2017
If you're an RN and want to go back to school this fall, VCU School of Nursing has space available to admit additional qualified students in the RN to B.S program, which also includes the HCA cohort. The new application deadline for fall 2017 entry is August 1.
We are here to help you through the application process
We have simplified the application process and we offer personalized service to make it easier for you to advance your nursing education!
Please call us (804-828-5171) or email us (VCU_Nurse@vcu.edu) with any questions about the application process. We will help you navigate:
- admission requirements,
- completing the application, or
- discuss how your prior coursework will satisfy prerequisites and general education requirements.
To apply for the RN to B.S. program, complete the following steps:
1. Application (call us with questions)
Complete the university's online application for undergraduate admission; select "Apply for Readmission or Transfer Undergraduate Admission," and then select the appropriate admission type:
- Non-HCA employees - select "Transfer (RN to BS)"
- HCA employees - select "Trf - HCA/Nursing Cohort"
2. Transcripts (call us with questions)
- Email unofficial transcripts to the School of Nursing's admission team (NURADMISSION@vcu.edu).
- Mail official transcripts to the Office of Admissions (P.O. Box 842526, Richmond VA 23284-2526 or hand-deliver to 821 W. Franklin St.)
- Applicants who have studied outside of the U.S. must also provide a course-by-course external credential evaluation from ECE or WES no older than two years at the time of application.