James Tormey, PhD, RN, MSN, CENClinical Assistant Professor
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3029
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I am teaching the clinical for Adults I -325 and Adults II- 425. I plan on using my 27 years of clinical experience to help guide new nurses in the development of their clinical skills that they will use throughout their nursing careers.
I am doing research on the early recognition of patient clinical deterioration by RNs. I am also lead developer of the hospital's RESCUE systems.
I am an active member of the VCUHS Documentation Council and VCUHS Verbal Orders Committee. I also maintain my membership with Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Golden Key Honor Society, Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society, National Society of Leadership and Success, and Walden Fulbright Chapter.
- PhD - Walden University Minneapolis, Minnesota
- MSN -Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- RN - Riverside School of Professional Nursing, Newport News, Virginia
- BS - The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina
- Presenter, Council of Quality and Safety- 2020
- Magnet Recertification Presenter- 2020
- Poster Presenter, Society of Critical Care Medicine - 2019
- RESCUE Presentation, Council of Critical Care Pulmonologists- 2019