James Tormey, RN, MSN, CENClinical Instructor
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I am teaching the clinical for Adults I -325 and Adults II- 425. I plan on using my 27 years of clinical experience to help guide new nurses in the development of their clinical skills that they will use throughout their nursing careers.
I am doing research on the early recognition of patient clinical deterioration by RNs. I am also lead developer of the hospital's RESCUE systems.
I am an active member of the VCUHS Documentation Council and VCUHS Verbal Orders Committee. I also maintain my membership with Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Golden Key Honor Society, Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society, National Society of Leadership and Success, and Walden Fulbright Chapter.
- MSN -Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- RN - Riverside School of Professional Nursing, Newport News, Virginia
- BS - The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina
- Anderson, L.B. African American males diagnosed with Schizophrenia: A phenomenological Study, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, August 2014 vol.35 no.8, 580-587.
- Tuck, I., & Anderson, L. Forgiveness, Flourishing, and Resilience: The Influences or Expressions of Spirituality on Mental Health Recovery, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, April 2014 vol.35 no.4, 277-282.
- Nye, C., Anderson, L.B., Davis, K.D., Falk, M., Huff, T.A., & Wechsler, S. (2016). VCU Simulation. Northeast Region Chi Eta Phi Nursing Sorority Conference. Short Pump, VA. April 30, 2016.
- Dean’s Distinguished Lecture, panelist, April 2, 2015, North Carolina A&T, School of Nursing