Lorraine Anderson, Ph.D., M.P.A., RN, CNEClinical Associate Professor
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3029
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach across the curriculum in the areas of psychiatry and mental health, leadership, and community health.
The current focus of my scholarship centers on resilience in African American men diagnosed with schizophrenia. Additionally, I have an interest in research in the use of simulation activities to enhance the teaching of psychosocial nursing concepts.
I am an active member of the American Nurses Association, American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Undergraduate Education Council, Sigma Theta Tau International, and Southern Nursing Research Society.
- Ph.D. - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- M.P.A. - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- M.S. - Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, TX
- BSN - University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- Anderson, L.B. African American males diagnosed with Schizophrenia: A phenomenological Study, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, August 2014 vol.35 no.8, 580-587.
- Tuck, I., & Anderson, L. Forgiveness, Flourishing, and Resilience: The Influences or Expressions of Spirituality on Mental Health Recovery, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, April 2014 vol.35 no.4, 277-282.
- Tuck, I., Baliko, B., Schubert, C. & Anderson, L. A Pilot Study of a Weekend Retreat Intervention for family Survivors of Homicide, Western Journal of Nursing Research, October, 2012 vol.34 no. 6, 766-794.
- Nye, C., Anderson, L.B., Davis, K.D., Falk, M., Huff, T.A., & Wechsler, S. (2016). VCU Simulation. Northeast Region Chi Eta Phi Nursing Sorority Conference. Short Pump, VA. April 30, 2016.
- Dean’s Distinguished Lecture, panelist, April 2, 2015, North Carolina A&T, School of Nursing
- Anderson, L. African American males diagnosed with Schizophrenia: Strategies for treatment, American Psychiatric Nurses Association 27th Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX, October 9-12, 2013.
- Anderson, L. African American males diagnosed with Schizophrenia: A phenomenological study, Annual Conference of the Southern Nursing Research Society, Little Rock, AR, February 27 - March 2, 2013 (Poster)
- Tuck, I., Anderson, L., Baliko, B., Schubert, C. Retreat Participants Who Experienced the Homicidal Death of a Loved One: A Follow-up Study, Seventh International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, May 17-21, 2011.
- Tuck, I., Baliko, B., Schubert, C. & Anderson, L. The Effect of a Healing Retreat on Holistic Measures in Family Survivors of the Homicidal Death of a Loved One. International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses, Greenville, SC, March 31 - April 4, 2009.