Nancy Husson, DNP, RN, CHSEClinical Assistant Professor
Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3053
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach in adult health and health systems department in both undergraduate and graduate programs. My current primary responsibility is as faculty in the CLC to support best practices in simulation. I will be involved redesign and teaching of the the RN-BSN informatics course.
My scholarship interests include best practices for high quality simulations to optimize the learning outcomes and integration of informatics competencies into curriculum to adequately prepare nurses to practice in the 21st century.
I have advanced certification in simulation as a CHSE (certified healthcare simulation education) and have served as a faculty leader in simulation education for faculty. I am a member of INASCL and the Society for Simulation in Healthcare SSHI. I am a member of Sigma Theta Tau, Vanderbilt University Chapter.
- BSN University of Texas – Arlington, Arlington, TX
- MSN Alvernia University, Reading, PA
- Post Master’s Certificate in Informatics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- DNP, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Faculty Star Award – April 2019 , J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Certified Health Certified Simulation Educator, SSHI 2012
- Sigma Theta Tau –at-large Excellence in Nursing Research, November 2013
- Research Poster presentation 1st place Education division, May 2012
- March of Dimes Excellence in Maternal Child Health Nursing, 1993.
- Husson, N. M., Zulkosky, K., Fetter, M., & Kamerer, J. (2014, November). Integrating community health simulation scenarios: experiences from the NCSBN national simulation study. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, Vol (11), e1-e6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2013.11.009.
- Husson, N., & Zulkosky, K. D. (2014, September). Recruiting and training volunteer standardized patients in the NCSBN national simulation study. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 10(9), 487-489. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2014.05.001.
- Zulkosky, K. D., Husson, N., Kamerer, J., & Fetter, M. E. (2014, October). Role of clinical faculty during simulation in national simulation study. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 10(10), 529-531. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2014.05.002.
- Husson, N. (1995). Healthy Beginnings Plus: an innovative approach to prenatal care. Journal of Home Health Care Practice, 7(3), 46-61.
- Developing a standardized patient volunteer pool to embrace student engagement: Experiences from the NCSBN National Simulation Study 10th Annual OHCWC Simulation Conference: “Incorporating Simulation for Improved Results”, May 18, 2016
- Developing a standardized patient volunteer pool to embrace student engagement: Experiences from theNCSBN National Simulation Study, Hot Topic presentation 14th Annual International Nursing Association forClinical Simulation & Learning Conference, June11, 2015
- Building a Bridge to More Clinical Simulation- Part 1: Planning. Discussing approaches conceived by diverse nursing programs participating in a multi-site simulation study for increased levels of simulation (up to 50%).
- Expert panel presentation, 13th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH 2014), January2014.
- Ca$hing in on Community Health Simulation – Providing a Rich Learning Environment, Podium presentation, 12th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference, June 2013.
- Four Keys to Success: How to Integrate Simulation to Close Learning Gaps, Lancaster Research Poster Presentation, 1st place Education Category, May 3, 2012.
- Four Keys to Success: How to Integrate Simulation to Close Learning Gaps, ATI National Nursing Summit–Poster Presentation, April 11, 2012.