Tammy E. Williams, Ph.D., MS, RNClinical Assistant Professor
Coordinator, RN to BS Program and Assistant Department Chair
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3001G
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach in the undergraduate program, in both the didactic and clinical settings. I primarily teach Nursing of Adults I, Community Health, and RN to BS courses. I am also the RN to BS Coordinator.
The primary focus of my current scholarship is incivility in nursing and how it impacts student outcomes. I am also involved in global health initiatives and how these experiences transform learning.
I am an active member of the Virginia Nurses Association (VNA), American Nurses Association (ANA), National League for Nursing (NLN), and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. I currently serve as a board member for the Chapter 5 VNA. I am a member of the Advisory Board for John Tyler Community College’s Nursing Program. I am currently working with the VCCS BSN Alliance.
- B.S. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- M.S. – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- B.S.- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- M.S.- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Women’s Health
- Post Masters Certificate- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Mental Health Nursing
- Ph.D.- Capella University, Minneapolis, MN Education