Tammy E. Williams, Ph.D., MS, RNClinical Assistant Professor
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3001G
PO Box 980567
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach in the undergraduate program, in both the didactic and clinical settings. I primarily teach Nursing of Adults I, Community Health, and RN to BS courses. I am also the RN to BS Coordinator.
The primary focus of my current scholarship is incivility in nursing and how it impacts student outcomes. I am also involved in global health initiatives and how these experiences transform learning.
I am an active member of the Virginia Nurses Association (VNA), American Nurses Association (ANA), National League for Nursing (NLN), and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. I currently serve as a board member for the Chapter 5 VNA. I am a member of the Advisory Board for John Tyler Community College’s Nursing Program. I am currently working with the VCCS BSN Alliance.
- B.S. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Psychology
- M.S. – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Exercise Science
- B.S.- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Nursing
- M.S.- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Women’s Health Nursing
- Post Masters Certificate- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Mental Health Nursing
- Ph.D.- Capella University, Minneapolis, MN Education Nursing