Christine Wynd , Ph.D., RNAssociate Dean, Undergraduate Programs/Department Chair, Family and Community Health Nursing
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3001M
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach undergraduate research/evidence-based practice. Graduate Master’s teaching experience includes: research/evidence-based practice, theories in nursing, administration courses in organizational behavior, human resource management, fiscal management, leadership, and the leadership practicum. Graduate DNP teaching experience includes: research designs and methods; DNP project committee work. Graduate PhD teaching experience: quantitative research designs and methods; PhD dissertation committee work.
The focus of my research is on tobacco cessation interventions and policy design. I am also interested in the history of nursing and most recently contributed to an article celebrating 40 years of the Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS).
Member of the American Nurses Association, Virginia Nurses Association, National League for Nursing, Midwest Nursing Research Society, Southern Nursing Research Society, Sigma Theta Tau International (Gamma Omega Chapter), and the American Military Surgeons of the United States.
- PhD, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- MS, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- BSN, Saint John College, Cleveland, Ohio
- Nye, Carla, and Wynd, Christine. (2019, February). Building Psychological Capital, Communication Competence, and Authentic Leadership through Simulations with Baccalaureate Nursing Students, submitted to National League for Nursing Education Research Grants, submitted February 2019, $29,975 requested.
- Hershberger, P.E., Wynd, C.A., Glass, L.K., O’Connell, K., Fitzpatrick, J., Bergstrom, N., & Lusk, S.L. (2017). Celebrating 40 years of the Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS). Western Journal of Nursing Research, 39, 609-621.
- Wynd, C.A. Mandatory Tobacco Cessation with Inpatient Psychiatric Patients: Behavioral Consequences. The 30th International Research Conference, Sigma Theta Tau International, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Refereed podium presentation, July 2019).
- Wynd, C.A. Tobacco-Free Hospital Policy: Subsequent Effects on Inpatient Psychiatric Behaviors. The Southern Nursing Research Society Conference, Atlanta, Georgia (Refereed podium presentation, March 2019).