Jenny Landen, PhD, APRN-BC, FNPClinical Assistant Professor
Department of Family and Community Health Nursing
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3037
Richmond, VA 23298
I teach in both the graduate and undergraduate programs. Currently I teach in the Department of Family and Community Health Nursing, focusing on community
health and advanced health assessment coursework. I have maintained certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner for over 35 years with extensive
experience in public health including school nursing as well as clinical practice for Planned Parenthood and the Public Health Service (Indian Health Service).
My scholarship interests include academic progression in nursing education, decreasing social disparities in healthcare, and the Community Health Worker model for improving health outcomes or disease prevention and management.
I am an active member of the American Nurses Association, the Virginia Nurses Association, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- B.S. University of Alaska, Anchorage AK
- M.S. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- PhD University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Outstanding Nursing Student Award, University of Alaska 1984
- Site Principal Investigator for U.S. Department of Labor TAACCCT Grant, Santa Fe Community College, Santa Fe, NM 2014-2018
- Principal Investigator for New Mexico Board of Nursing Excellence Grant, Santa Fe Community College, Santa Fe, NM 2015
- Principal Investigator for Con Alma Health Foundation Grant to create and implement specialty training for Community Health Workers, Santa Fe Community College, Santa Fe, NM 2016
- State Consortium Principal Investigator for final year of U.S. Department of Labor TAACCCT Grant; assisted in final year of managing $14,999,863 award for consortium of 11 institutions, Santa Fe Community College, Santa Fe, NM 2017
- Principal Investigator for Con Alma Health Foundation Grant; awarded $150,000 to create and implement LPN program as a dual credit high school program, Santa Fe Community College, Santa Fe, NM 2017-2020
- Liesveld, J., Landen, J., & Dakin, B. (2015) Pre-licensure BSN growth in New Mexico: the NMNEC model. Nursing News & Views, Winter 2015, 16-17.
- Landen, J., Evans-Prior, D., Dakin, B., & Liesveld, J. (2017). Innovation in academic progression: progress of the New Mexico nursing education consortium model. Nursing Education Perspectives, Sept./Oct. 2017, 38 (5).
- Nardini, K.A., Landen, J., Parshall, M., & Cox, K.J. (2019). New Mexico nurse- midwives’ controlled substance prescribing and monitoring practices. Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health, 64 (1) 28-35.
- Landen, J. (2021). Rising Stars Poster Presentation: The Nursing Baccalaureate Dual Enrollment Model: Outcomes for a Community College and University Partnership, 46 th Biennial Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Convention, Indianapolis, IN; November 6-10, 2021
- Landen, J. (2021). The Nursing Baccalaureate Dual Enrollment Model: Outcomes For A Community College and University Partnership, New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium Fall Statewide Faculty Meeting, Albuquerque, NM, October 22, 2021.
- Landen, J. (2015). Developing a Statewide Concept-Based Curriculum, Future of Nursing. Campaign for Action Meeting. Houston, TX; April 28, 2015.
- Landen, J. (2015. Presentation to the IOM Committee for Assessing Progress On Implementing the Recommendations of the Institute of Medicine Report, The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. Washington, DC; July 27, 2015.
- Landen, J. (2016). Academic Progression for New Mexico Presentation to the Community College Baccalaureate Association, Chicago, IL; March, 2016.
- Liesveld, J., Evans-Prior, & Landen, J. (2016). Academic Progression for New Mexico Presentation, Western Institute for Nursing Research (WIN), Anaheim, CA; April, 2016.
- Landen, J. (2016). Baccalaureate in Nursing at the Community College. NISOD International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence; Austin, TX; May 28, 2016.
- Landen, J. and Evans-Prior, D. (2016). NMNEC Presentation in Academic Progression for New Mexico. Organization of Associate Degree in Nursing (OADN) National Conference; Dallas, TX; Nov, 2016.
- Medina, C., Ciesielski, B., & Landen, J. (2016). Role of the Community Health Worker Certification for New Mexico, American Public Health Association Annual Conference; Denver, CO; Oct. 29, 2016.
- Dominguez, N., Landen, J., & Ciesielski, B. (2017). Growing the Next Generation: Laying the Groundwork for a Robust Community Health Workers Certification Program, New Mexico Public Health Association Annual Conference; Albuquerque, NM; April, 2017.
- Meyer, D. and Landen, J. (2019). A Strategic Innovation for Nursing Education and the Workforce, ACEN Nursing Education Accreditation Conference; Atlanta, GA; July 18, 2019.