Leigh Ann Breckenridge, DNP, FNP- BC, MSN, RNClinical Assistant Professor
Department of Family and Community Health Nursing
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3023
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach across the curriculum: BSN, RN-BSN and FNP. My areas of expertise are pediatrics and women’s health.
Two areas of research I am currently interested in are:
Adverse Childhood Experiences (Trauma Informed Care) as it relates to health outcomes
The use of motivational interviewing to increase breastfeeding rates across the United States
I am active in local and national organizations. Some of these include: ANA, VNA, AANP and Academy of Violence and Abuse. I also enjoy serving on school committees and volunteering in my community.
DNP: University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
MSN: University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
BSN: Mississippi College, Clinton , Mississippi
- Gill, M., Zhan, L., Rosenberg, J., & Breckenridge, L. (2019). Adverse childhood experiences: Concept mapping in bachelor of science nursing curriculum. Journal of Nursing Education.
- Gill, M.E., Zhan, L., Rosenberg, J., & Breckenridge, L. (2018). Integration of adverse childhood experiences across nursing curriculum. Journal of Professional Nursing. Advanced online publication. Doi:10.1016/j.profnurs.2018.07.003
- 2018-2019 Pediatric Asthma Management for Shelby County Schools.
- 2017 Impact on Violence and Abuse: The University of Memphis Collaborative Podium presentation at the National Conference of Health and Domestic Violence.
- 2017 Building a Culture of Health in An Urban Community. Podium presentation at the National Resilience Conference, Nashville, TN.
- 2016 Society of Pediatric Nurses Mid-South Chapter Presentation-Motivational Interviewing and Overcoming Breastfeeding Barriers.
- 2016 Tennessee Nurses Association Annual Conference-Motivational interviewing and Overcoming Breastfeeding Barriers.