Sarah Saunders, MSN, RNC-NICClinical Assistant Professor
Department of Family and Community Health Nursing
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3070
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I currently serve as the Clinical Coordinator for the Undergraduate Pediatric course. I also work at VCU Health as the Nurse Educator on the Acute Care Pediatric Unit.
My research focuses on infection in the pediatric and neonate patients, with an emphasis on sepsis and reduction of central line associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs).
I am a member of the Academy of Neonatal Nursing and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. I am involved in several hospital-wide committees at VCU Health focusing on staff recruitment and retention, and sepsis/infection.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
- Master of Science in Nursing Education: Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- March of Dimes Nurse of the Year 2016 Finalist
- Daisy Nurse Award- nominee
- Novice Nurse Award VCU Health Acute Care Pediatrics