Fall 2021 Admission
- Application Opens: 9/1/2020
- Application Closes: 5/17/2021
- Decision Notification: On-Going
Please see Application Checklist below for more details
The School of Nursing is currently admitting to three concentrations:
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
The Post Master’s Certificate Program has a two-part application process:
- The NursingCAS Application ($70 fee)
- VCU Supplemental Information Application ($70 fee)
Both applications open September 1 and close May 17 and must be submitted by the deadline for admissions consideration, No exceptions!
Please note: To be eligible for the Spring 2021 or Spring 2022 cohorts, students must have completed three separate comprehensive graduate-level courses in: advanced pathophysiology, advanced health assessment, and advanced pharmacology, and must have a master's or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing at the time of application. These courses are not required for admission into the Fall 2021 cohort.
- Create and complete the NursingCAS Application
- Complete the VCU Supplemental Information Application (instructions located in NursingCAS)
- Submit a full non-refundable payment for the NursingCAS and VCU Supplemental Information Application
- Regularly monitor your email to follow up on issues such as transcripts and reference delays
- You may be required to submit a transcript and syllabi for a gap analysis to determine your individualized plan of study.
- No GRE Required!
Required Documents (instructions located in NursingCAS)