Committed to new discoveries in research, teaching and service, the VCU School of Nursing is a national leader in nursing research and education. We are proud of our tradition of educating leaders in nursing for more than 120 years. Join us today and discover the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge research and inspire a new generation of nurses. Our current openings include:
School of Nursing Teaching and Research Faculty Positions
- Director, Clinical Learning Center (F59920)
- Tenured or Tenure Eligible Senior Nurse Researcher in Biobehavioral or Healthcare Quality Research (F56970)
Here are some reasons you should consider joining our close-knit team:
- The VCU School of Nursing offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs to more than 900 students.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, post-graduate APRN certificate program, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the VCU School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation). In addition, the baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, and post-master's certificate program are accredited by the Accreditation Commision for Education in Nursing (http://www.acenursing.org/).
- We are housed in a state-of-the-science, 47,000-square-foot building equipped with modern classrooms, an advanced clinical simulation facility and benchmark research laboratories.
- Our highly trained faculty are nationally recognized for their contributions to research and education.
- VCU Nursing has consistently ranked in the top tier of National Institutes of Health-funded nursing schools.
- Our Office of Research supports investigators working to improve biobehavioral outcomes through enhancing symptom management. Our nurse scientists have firmly established the VCU School of Nursing as a national leader in biobehavioral clinical research.
- Our grants and funded projects explore symptom management of the following conditions: breast and brain cancer, low back pain, fibromyalgia, cardiovascular disease, sickle cell, teen dating violence, mechanically ventilated critically ill patients, and pregnancy. Many projects involve interdisciplinary teams.
- Our school is part of an academic health sciences campus anchored by VCU Medical Center, a Level-I Trauma Center with Magnet status.
The VCU School of Nursing offers generous support for faculty researchers, including:
- Internal pilot study funding by the Center for Biobehavioral Clinical Research
- Guidance for grant preparation and management
- On-site statistical and data management services
- Mentoring by senior faculty
- A CTSA program through VCU’s Center for Clinical and Translational Research
- Oncology research opportunities at the top-ranked Massey Cancer Center
- Funds for consultations and preparation for manuscript and grant proposal writing
We offer a collaborative environment committed to faculty governance and clinical practice. Faculty serve 12-month appointments. Teaching assignments are made collaboratively to reflect faculty interests and expertise. Faculty are supported in their teaching work through resources at VCU’s Center for Teaching Excellence. Faculty also have the opportunity to engage in service through community outreach and practice.
In addition to a generous benefits package, we offer competitive salaries and rank commensurate with education and experience. Moving expenses and funding are available for faculty travel, with priority given to those making presentations at conferences.