For assistance in registering for and enrolling in a NEXus course at VCU, contact:
NEXus campus staff coordinator
For assistance with specific questions about NEXus course offerings, contact:
Jo Robins, Ph.D.
NEXus campus faculty coordinator
The VCU School of Nursing is a member of The Nursing Education Xchange. NEXus allows doctoral students enrolled at member colleges and universities to take courses that may not be offered at their home institution for a set price.
The current rate for a NEXus course is $775 per semester credit and/or $517 per quarter credit. This fee is intended to cover all associated university fees such as technology, library or application fees. As with all courses, you are responsible for the cost of books and educational materials.
NEXus courses may qualify for financial aid. If you are receiving aid and plan on taking a NEXus course, please contact financial aid to complete and route a consortium agreement.
You are responsible for meeting the registration and payment deadlines of the institution offering the course. In most cases, this will not coincide with VCU’s academic calendar, so advanced planning financially and academically is critical.
- Decisions about selecting a NEXus course must be made in consultation with your academic advisor/committee chair.
- Students enrolled in a NEXus course must meet all course requirements.
- Students are encouraged to contact the course faculty in advance to ensure that they understand the course requirements (i.e., prerequisite courses, vacation periods, on-campus requirements, technology requirements, synchronous versus asynchronous discussions).
- VCU School of Nursing NEXus Student Enrollment Form
- VCU Transcript Request Form
- Consortium Agreement (obtain from your campus NEXus coordinator)