Kimberly Battle, Ph.D., FNP-BCClinical Assistant Professor
Family and Community Health Nursing
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3099
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach at the VCU School of Nursing in the undergraduate and graduate programs, specifically, the Family Nurse Practitioner. The major areas of my teaching focus on community health, interprofessional education, and social determinants of health.
I am a member of the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties, Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners, and the Nurse Practitioner Association of the District of Columbia.
My research seeks to explore the concept of resilience in marginalized populations promoting health equity by addressing Social Determinants of Health. Investigating the mitigating factors influencing self-management of diet-related chronic diseases is applicable in improving clinical outcomes in diverse populations. Developing and evaluating interprofessional education community engagement experiences through a health equity lens is an integral component of my research plan.
- PhD, The Catholic University of America
Cognates: Neuroscience, Clinical Outcomes Measurement, Non-Profit Management, and Nursing Education
- MSN, Georgetown University
Family Nurse Practitioner
- BSN, Hampton University
2/1/2021-7/31/2022, Richmond Health and Wellness Program, Prescription Produce Plan;
Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Nursing Clinical Scholars Program, Battle, K. (PI) & Falls, K (Co-PI), $14,973
- Battle, K., Lockeman, K., Dow, A., Donohoe, K., Hanley, L., Slattum, P. (June 30, 2022) (Under Review) Bridging the Transition from Learner to Practitioner: Unpacking Interactions Among Student Teams in a Practice-Based IPE Setting. Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Sargent, L., Zanjani, F., Winship, J., Gendron, T., Mackiewicz, M., Diallo, A., Waters, L., Battle, K., Ford, G., Falls, K., Chung, J., Price, E. T., Cisewski, M., Parsons, P., & Health, VCU iCubed Health and Wellness in Aging Transdisciplinary Core. (2022). Socioeconomic Effects on Psychosocial Factors Among Low-Income Older Adults. Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine. https://doi.org/10.1177/
Winship, J. M., Gendron, T., Waters, L., Chung, J., Battle, K., Cisewski, M., Gregory, M., Sargent, L., Zanjani, F., Slattum, P., Mackiewicz, M., Diallo, A., Ford, G., Falls, K., Price, E. T., Parsons, P. L., & VCU iCubed Health and Wellness in Aging Transdisciplinary Core (2022). COVID in Context: The Lived Experience of Richmond's Low-Income Older Adults. Gerontology & geriatric medicine, https://doi.org/10.1177/
- Sargent, L., Slattum, P., Brooks, E., Gendron, T., Mackiewicz, M., Diallo, A., Waters, B., Winship, J., Battle, K., Ford, G., Falls, K., Chung, J., Zanjani, F., Pretzer-Aboff, I., Price, E., Prom-Wormley, E., Parsons, P., Bringing Transdisciplinary Aging Research from Theory to Practice (Accepted December 2020) The Gerontologist.
- Winship, JM., Falls, K., Gregory, M.,Peron, EP, Donohoe, KL, Sargent, L., Slattum, P., Chung, J., Tyler, CM., Dialo, A., Battle, K., Parsons, P., A Case Study in Rapid Adaptation of Interprofessional Education and Remote Visits During COVID-19. (2020) The Journal of Interprofessional Care. DOI:10.1080/13561820.2020.180792
- Battle, K. Defining the Role of Nurse Practitioner: Signaling in a Global Setting. Oral presentation at the Third World Congress on Nursing & Nurse Education, Valencia, Spain (July 12-14, 2018).
- Battle, K, Falls, K, Parsons, P, Slattum, P. , Howard, Syrios, R. The Richmond Health and Wellness Program Prescription Produce Plan: Navigating Older Adult Food Insecurity During the Pandemic.10th Emswiller Interprofessional Symposium: Adapting and Advancing: IPE in a Post Pandemic World. February 5, 2022
- Hanley L, Battle K, Donohoe KL, Lockeman K, Slattum P, Dow A. Bridging The Transition From Learner to Practitioner: Unpacking Interactions Among Student Teams in Practice-Based IPE Settings. 10th Emswiller Interprofessional Symposium: Adapting and Advancing: IPE in a Post Pandemic World. February 5, 2022
- Hanley L, Battle K, Donohoe KL, Lockeman K, Slattum P, Dow A. Bridging the Transition From Learner to Practitioner: Unpacking Interactions Among Student Teams in Practice-Based IPE settings. Nexus Summit 2021 Online; Virtual Meeting. September-October 2021.