Student Research Opportunities
Opportunities and extensive support for our student-scholars, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
Undergraduate Student Opportunities
School of Nursing
- Paid and volunteer research positions with a faculty member or project may be available. Contact Patricia Kinser, Ph.D., assistant dean for research, for more information.
- The Langston Center for Innovation in Quality and Safety administers the Undergraduate Fellows Program for exceptional nursing students. Students can pursue the research or leadership track and benefit from unique learning and mentorship experiences.
Other Research Opportunities
- VCU students have a central place to find work study research assistantships and VCU and national research opportunities through the Student Opportunity Center.
- The VCU Work Study Research Assistant Program connects students with a federal work-study award to experiential learning opportunities through research.
- Through the Honors Summer Undergraduate Research Program, faculty mentors are paired with exceptional Honors students to conduct research.
Graduate Student Opportunities
Under the guidance of one of seven American Academy of Nursing fellows on our faculty and with the robust administrative support of research conducted at the school, graduate students have a supportive and productive environment to pursue the research questions that interest them.
We offer dozens of funded research projects with paid research assistant positions, as well as course credit through research practicums (for doctoral students). Visit the Faculty Research and Scholarship Interests page to consider which faculty members have research interests that align with yours and get in touch. You may also contact Patricia Kinser, Ph.D., assistant dean for research, for more information.