- Application opens: 5/1/2019
- Application deadline: 7/1/2019
- Decision notification: 11/15/2019
- Mandatory orientation: TBA May 2020
- Classes begin: 5/18/2020
Applying to the School of Nursing
The Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Nursing Traditional B.S. Program is a two-part application process:
- The NursingCAS Application (fees apply)
- VCU Supplemental Information Application (fees apply)
Applications open May 2019 and close July 2019. Both applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline for admissions consideration, no exceptions!
- Register and attend a mandatory Information Session
- Complete pre-requisite courses prior to enrollment
- Create and complete the NursingCAS Application
- Complete the VCU Supplemental Information Application
- Submit a full non-refundable payment for the NursingCAS and VCU Supplemental Information Application fees.
- NursingCAS - $50
- VCU Supplemental Information Application - $70
- Regularly monitor NursingCAS! Immediately follow up on any issues that may delay your application.
- All documentation must be submitted to NursingCAS.
- Official Transcripts (Must include all colleges or universities previously attended and dual enrollment)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- One (1) Academic (examples include: academic advisor or faculty member)
- One (1) Professional (examples include: supervisor or leader in your organization)
- One (1) Personal Statement Essay (Refer to NursingCAS for official prompt)