Fall 2020: July 1
Spring 2021: October 15
Fall 2021 / Summer 2021: March 15
Admission: Click here to Apply Today!
The admission requirements outlined below will apply to all students. All applicants to the graduate certificate program are required to meet the admission requirements of the VCU Graduate School. Applicants will be required to submit the following materials to the Graduate School Admissions Office:
- Application form and application fee
- Three letters of recommendation, professional and/or academic
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all schools attended
- A statement of purpose outlining career goals
- A resume stating relevant work experience
The VCU School of Nursing and the VCU da Vinci Center require students to have a bachelor’s or higher degree with evidence of strong academic performance.
No transfer credit hours are accepted for this certificate program. Credits from a degree already awarded cannot be applied toward the certificate.
International students will submit an official transcript evaluation from a recognized foreign educational credential evaluation service accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). International students must also provide proof that they can support themselves financially for the duration of the program.
Non-native English speakers will provide evidence of proficiency in English by one of the three following:
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum composite score of 100 for the Internet Based Test (IBT) or 600 for the paper-based score
- An International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) score minimum of 6.5 on the academic exam
- A passing score on the VCU English Language Program Comprehension Test
Applicants who are international or non-native English speakers with a degree from a U.S. high school, college or university are exempt from providing additional evidence of English proficiency.