- Application opens: 9/1/2018
- Application deadline: 12/1/2018
- Decision notification: on-going
- Orientation: 1/10/19
- Classes begin: 1/14/19
Applying to the School of Nursing
The Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing participates in an online Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) to receive VCU Nursing applications. NursingCAS will collect, process, and verify your application, including supporting documents and official academic transcripts. All application materials must be submitted to and received by NursingCAS. Application fees apply.
In addition to the NursingCAS application, a VCU Supplemental Information Application is also required. Instructions to complete and submit the VCU Supplemental Information Application are available on the VCU NursingCAS home page. Application fees apply.
Things to Know Before Applying
Two complete applications (NursingCAS and VCU Supplemental Information Application) are required for admissions consideration.
Begin the application early: Request all official transcripts immediately, as it may take up to several weeks for receipt and verification of official transcripts. To learn more about the program and application process, register for an RN to B.S. information session.
September 1 – December 1, 2018: Application Deadline for spring 2019 admission.
Contact VCU School of Nursing, Office of Student Success at 804-828-5171 for an unofficial evaluation of your completed coursework before completing the admissions applications.
***Scholarship support is available for the first year to applicants with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and complete applications by October 30th.
Carefully read the listed below items:
- Admission requirements for the RN-B.S. program
- Nursing Technical Standards and Criminal Background Check & Drug Screening
Thoroughly read NursingCAS and follow instructions regarding your application.
Financial planning for non-refundable application fees and other associated admission costs is necessary for complete applications and program admission.
Email is the official mode of communication with applicants. To ensure receipt of important information regarding your application status, turn off your email’s spam or junk filters or add the following email addresses to your list of preferred contacts:
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the NursingCAS and the VCU Supplemental Information Applications, including all requested required documents are submitted and received by the application deadline.
Admission Application Checklist
- Create your NursingCAS application at http://www.nursingcas.org/.
- Complete NursingCAS Application.
- Click the “Select Programs to Which You Want to Apply” section, choose ‘Virginia Commonwealth University’ from the ‘School’ tab and select the VCU nursing program you wish to apply
- Include the following required documents with the NursingCAS application.
- Official college transcripts (ALL official college transcripts from each college attended, including dual enrollment transcripts) NursingCAS transcript processing website
- Proof of RN licensure
- Test score TOEFL/IELTS report (if applicable) -required only for international and non-native English speaking student without a U.S. degree
- Complete all sections of the NursingCAS application, including “Colleges Attended” tab under the Academic History and enter all colleges and universities attended. Applicants who studied outside the U.S. must also provide a course-by-course external credential evaluation from ECE or WES no older than two years at the time of application.
- Submit full non-refundable remittance for the NursingCAS Application fee ($70 graduate applications; $50 undergraduate applications).
- Complete VCU Supplemental Information application after completing the NursingCAS application.
- Submit full non-refundable remittance for Virginia Commonwealth University Supplemental Information Application ($70 undergraduate applications).
- Regularly monitor NursingCAS for application accuracy and completion.
- Immediately follow up on any/all issues which may delay a complete application.