- Application opens: 5/1/2018
- Application deadline: 8/1/2018
- Decision notification: on-going
- Orientation: TBA
- Classes begin: 8/23/18
Applying to the School of Nursing
The Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing participates in an online Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) to receive VCU Nursing applications. NursingCAS collects and processes your application materials and verifies academic transcripts. All collected documents in NursingCAS are items of the application and reviewed to determine admission decisions.
In addition to the NursingCAS application, all applicants are required to submit a VCU supplemental information application. Instructions to submit the VCU supplemental information application are available on the VCU NursingCAS home page. Application fees apply and full payment are required at the time of submission for the NursingCAS and VCU supplemental information application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the VCU supplemental information application and all required documents are submitted and received by NursingCAS upon the application deadline.
Requirements to apply
**Please note: only complete and verified applications that have been received by the deadline are reviewed for admisssion consideration. No exceptions.
As part of the application process, please read the following items:
- Admission requirements for the RN-B.S. program
- Nursing Technical Standards and Criminal Background Check & Drug Screen
A complete application consists of the following:
- Create a NursingCAS Application
You are required to submit a completed NursingCAS application, which includes a non-refundable application fee ($70 graduate-level; $50 undergraduate-level).
- Go to VCU School of Nursing’s NursingCAS application
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Click on the “Select Programs to Which You Want to Apply” section.
- Choose ‘Virginia Commonwealth University’ from the ‘School’ tab.
- Select the VCU School of Nursing program for which you wish to apply.
You are required to submit official transcripts directly to NursingCAS. Advanced planning is necessary, as it may take up to several weeks for NursingCAS to receive and verify transcripts. We recommend completing the “Colleges Attended” tab under the Academic History section in an attempt to comply with the application deadline. You may complete this section prior to submitting your NursingCAS application. Details for submitting transcripts by mail or electronically can be found on the NursingCAS transcript processing website.
- License: A copy of your unrestricted, unexpired RN license. This may be a screenshot from the Board of Nursing’s website. If you are in the process of completing your RN program, upload a document that provides the date you anticipate becoming licensed. You must be licensed as a RN to be eligible to enroll in the VCU School of Nursing.
- Test score report: TOEFL/IELTS score report is only required of international and non-native English speaking applicants without a U.S. degree. Refer to the other information section of the RN-B.S. completion program overview on the VCU Bulletin.
You are also required to submit a completed VCU supplemental information application, which includes a non-refundable $65 application fee. Instructions to submit the VCU Supplemental Information Application are available on the VCU NursingCAS homepage.
Communication about your application
Email is the official mode of communication with applicants. To ensure receipt of important information regarding your application status, turn off your email’s spam or junk filters or add the following email addresses to your list of preferred contacts: