Scholarships and Other Funding
Visit the scholarships and financial aid page for additional opportunities.
Graduate teaching assistantships and tuition scholarships
Graduate teaching assistantships are available in the School of Nursing. These cover tuition with a stipend of $25,000. Further, tuition scholarships are available to Ph.D. nursing students enrolled in a full-time plan of study. University and program fees are the responsibility of the student.
If you have any questions, please contact Fonda Neal at (804) 828-0836 or email@example.com.
The VCU School of Nursing encourages students to seek external funding related to their research interests and background. The following opportunities are available at external organizations:
- Financial aid
- Grants; research and dissertation
- The application must be completed and submitted by the School of Nursing
- The applicant must be a full-time student with 2 years remaining in the doctoral program
- The scholarship is a two-year award that provides $10,000 in financial support ($5,000 in first year and $5,000 in second year)
- The VCU School of Nursing must match the award
- The VCU School of Nursing must provide up to $2,500 for the student to attend the Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence/AACN Leadership Development Conference
- Student works with a faculty sponsor to complete an application
- Highly competitive awards
- Provides up to five years of support (tuition, stipend and fees) for research training leading to a Ph.D. in biomedical, behavioral or clinical sciences
- Available for master’s and doctoral degree students; individual application process
- Student must be enrolled full or part time in a NLNAC or CCNE accredited program in nursing or a nursing-related field
- Student must have completed at least 12 credits of the program at the time of application
- Student must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.6
- Offers small research grants to doctoral students who are members
- Local chapters often provide their own small research grants. We are home to the Gamma Omega Chapter. Doctoral student members are eligible to apply for our chapter’s Nursing Science and Practice Grant. The grant’s purpose is to further nursing knowledge through the development of research and/or evidence-based practice.