Are you a registered nurse with a diploma or associate’s degree from an accredited program? Our online RN to B.S. completion program allows you to earn a baccalaureate degree in 6 semesters while you continue to work. You'll earn this degree from a program ranked in the top 4% of nursing undergraduate programs nationwide by U.S. News and World Report.
VCU School of Nursing, John Tyler, Southside Virginia, Rappahannock and J Sargeant Reynolds Community Colleges recognize the need to facilitate completion of a baccalaureate degree among graduates of associate degree programs.
With Co-Enrollment, students are concurrently enrolled in VCU’s online RN-B.S. and their community college program.
Students begin co-enrollment either during the third semester or summer break of their AAS program:
- Students who begin in the third semester will complete one VCU course during each of their final two semesters at their community college. Then they will take their final two VCU courses after they complete their AAS program.
- Students who begin co-enrollment during their summer break will take two VCU courses over the summer and then one VCU course during each of their remaining community college semesters.
All co-enrollment students are eligible for a scholarship that will cover the entire cost of all four co-enrollment courses. Scholarship funds are limited so please apply today!
- Complete a minimum of 41 credit hours of VCU RN-B.S. prerequisite and general education courses prior to the beginning of the fall semester of the final year at John Tyler, Southside Virginia, Rappahannock, or J Sargeant Reynolds Community Colleges
- Earn a minimum cumulative college-level grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Earn a minimum grade of "B" in all required community college nursing courses
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" or better in the required prerequisite and general education courses (see admission requirements)
- Apply to the VCU School of Nursing by the posted application deadline (see application instructions)
We encourage you to contact your community college advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.