Are you a registered nurse with a diploma or associate’s degree from an accredited program? Our online RN to B.S. completion program allows you to earn a baccalaureate degree in 6 semesters while you continue to work.
VCU School of Nursing, John Tyler Community College (JTCC), Southside Virginia Community College (SVCC) and Rappahannock Community College (RCC) recognized the need to facilitate completion of a baccalaureate degree among graduates of associate degree programs. The VCU SON has collaborated with each school to develop an innovative Co-Enrollment program for the RN to B.S. program.
With Co-Enrollment, students are concurrently enrolled in VCU’s online RN-B.S. and their community college program. Students register for one VCU course (3 credits) during each of their final 2 semesters at the community college. Full scholarships are available.
- Complete a minimum of 41 credit hours of VCU RN-B.S. prerequisite and general education courses prior to the beginning of the fall semester of the final year at John Tyler Community College, Southside Virginia Community College or Rappahannock Community College;
- Earn a minimum cumulative college-level grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Earn a minimum grade of "B" in all required John Tyler, Southside Virginia or Rappahannock Community College courses;
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" or better in the required prerequisite and general education courses (see admission requirements);
- Apply to the VCU School of Nursing by the posted application deadline (see application instructions)
We encourage you to contact your community college advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.