Care Coordination Certificate
Three-semester, online program
This certificate program prepares graduates as effective care coordinators for individuals with complex health care needs. This program is an option for health care professionals with a bachelor’s degree in a health care-related discipline such as in nursing, social work, pharmacy, psychology, medicine, allied health or counseling. Graduates of this program will be equipped to work with patients and their families who are at high-risk for excess use of health care services to effectively reduce health system burdens and decrease adverse health outcomes.
- Get “boots on the ground” training from faculty in nursing, social work, health policy, medicine and health administrators
- Develop the skills to deliver solutions, improve care, implement evidence-based practice and control costs
In the care coordination certificate program, you will learn to evaluate methods of effective care coordination to minimize cost and enhance health outcomes in a variety of clinical settings, become an effective communicator and collaborator within an interprofessional team and across settings, develop an understanding of the overall infrastructure and regulation of U.S. health care and its effect on care coordination and appraise health care payment models as they relate to utilization review, compliance and reimbursement.
|January 1, 2024
|August 1, 2024
Submit the following materials to the VCU Graduate School Admissions Office:
- Application form and application fee
- Three letters of recommendation, professional and/or academic
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- A statement of purpose outlining career goals
- A resume stating relevant work experience
We're here to help! Contact us at VCU_Nurse@vcu.edu with your admissions questions.
Use the following links to understand what your attendance costs will be and how aid and scholarships can help make your degree affordable.
Students who graduate with the minimum of a bachelor’s degree from the VCU School of Nursing are guaranteed admission to any VCU nursing graduate program provided they meet the requirements for admission and there is program space availability. Contact VCU_Nurse@vcu.edu for more info.