Fall 2019 Admissions
- Application deadline: 8/1/2019
- Orientation: 8/19/2019
- Classes begin: 8/20/2019
Applying to the School of Nursing
The Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing participates in an online Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) to receive VCU Nursing applications. NursingCAS will collect, process and verify your application, including supporting documents and official academic transcripts. All application materials must be submitted to and received by NursingCAS. Application fees apply.
In addition to the NursingCAS application, a VCU Supplemental Information Application is also required. Instructions to complete and submit the VCU Supplemental Information application are available on the VCU NursingCAS home page. Application fees apply.
Things To Know Before Applying
Two complete applications (NursingCAS and VCU Supplemental Information Application) are required for admissions consideration.
Begin the application early: Request all official transcripts immediately, as it may take up to several weeks for receipt and verification of official transcripts. Contact references in advance to discuss letters of recommendation.
Admissions decisions occur on a rolling or continuous basis.
Carefully read the listed below items:
- Admission requirements to the DNP program
- Nursing Technical Standards and Criminal Background Check & Drug Screening
- Mandatory On-campus Schedule
Thoroughly read NursingCAS and follow instructions regarding your application.
Selected candidates complete a telephone and/or web conference interview.
Financial planning for non-refundable application fees and other associated admission costs is necessary for complete applications and program admission.
Email is the official mode of communication with applicants regarding this application and admissions decision. Turn off your email's spam or junk filters or add the following email addresses to your list of preferred contacts:
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure the NursingCAS and the VCU Supplemental Information Applications, including all requested required documents are submitted and received by the application deadline.
Admission Application Checklist
- Create your NursingCAS application
- Complete NursingCAS Application
- Click the "Select Programs to Which You Want to Apply" section, choose 'Virginia Commonwealth University' from the 'School' tab and select the VCU nursing program you wish to apply.
- Include the following required documents with the NursingCAS application
- Official college transcripts (ALL official college transcripts from each college attended, including dual enrollment transcripts) NursingCAS transcript processing website
- Three (3) academic and/or professional references NursingCAS references website
- Personal statement(s)
- Proof of RN Licensure
- Test score TOEFL/IELTS report (if applicable) -required only for international and non-native English speaking student without a U.S. degree
- Complete all sections of the NursingCAS application, including "Colleges Attended" tab who studied under the Academic History and enter all colleges and universities attended. Applicants who studied outside the U.S. must also provide a course-by-course external credential evaluation from ECE or WES no older than two years at the time of application.
- Submit full non-refundable remittance for the NursingCAS Application fee ($70 graduate applications; $50 undergraduate applications).
- Complete VCU Supplemental Information application after completing the NursingCAS application.
- Submit full non-refundable remittance for Virginia Commonwealth University Supplemental Information Application ($70).
- Regularly monitor NursingCAS application for accuracy and completion.
- Immediately follow up on any/all issues which may delay a complete application.