Want more information?
Please fill out this google form and someone will contact you.
The VCU School of Nursing’s online Ph.D. program gives you the flexibility of online classes with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous classes. With an online format, the on-campus experience is require for all students in coursework. Students will come to campus three times per year at the beginning of each semester, typically for 2-3 days at a time.
Whether you aspire to become a scholar or a pioneering researcher, our program provides an unparalleled learning experience that includes:
- Multiple funding opportunities to help support your education
- A closely mentored experience and opportunities for interdisciplinary research
- Classes taught by renowned nurse scientists who are conducting cutting-edge research and are federally-funded
- World-class facilities in a comprehensive health sciences environment
- A partnership with VCU Health System, a Level 1 trauma center with Magnet status
- Options to take courses at The Nursing Education Xchange member colleges
Through our Office of Research, our nurse scientists are making important discoveries that advance nursing knowledge, particularly by enhancing symptom management, biobehavioral outcomes, and healthcare quality. Their commitment to advancing the nursing profession is reflected in VCU being ranked as a top, urban public research university with national and global rankings in sponsored research.
Our researchers study healthcare quality and a variety of health conditions and diseases to make an impact in health care, often working as the lead or as a part of an interprofessional team. Their findings are published in national and international journals. In addition, they are frequently invited to speak at national and international conferences.
You can be a part of this dynamic synergy. View our faculty research interests to see which may pair with yours.